As summer is around the corner, the demand for seasonal fruit mango will be at its peak. Some people like to enjoy the fruit directly, while others love to try and relish upon the different types of delectable mango desserts during the summer. Few of these mouthwatering recipes are mentioned below in which we will learn how to make ice cream, make the mousse, and make shrikhand using mango as the primary ingredient.
- Mango Ice Cream
It is one of the classics, easy to make desserts, with the simplest ingredients, including milk, sugar, and mango. It is one of the favorite desserts among the kids.
Ingredients – mango puree, mango slices, custard powder, mango essence, sugar, milk, cream
- Add custard powder and milk in a bowl and mix it well.
- In another bowl of milk, add sugar and boil it on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves. Keep stirring occasionally. Add custard mix to the sugar milk. Mix it well and keep it to simmer.
- Set the mixture aside to cool at room temperature. Once the mixture cools down, add the mango essence, and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, blend the cream and add the sugar along with the mango puree.
- Once the mix is blended well, add all ingredients to the bowl of milk along with the mango slices.
- Pour the mixture in a container and put it in a refrigerator overnight to set.
Your chilled mango ice cream will be ready to serve within 10-12 hours.
- Mango Mousse
This is an eggless dessert made with mango pulp and heavy cream. You can add dry fruits or chocolate for plating as per your taste.
Ingredients – mango, milk, cream, sugar, mango essence, dry fruits (as garnish)
- Grind the peeled mango slices in a mixer along with sugar to make a smooth pulp.
- Now, add milk, cream, mango essence, and the mango pulp in a bowl and mix it well.
- Keep the blend in the fridge for a half-hour to let it cool down.
- Now pour the mixture in the serving glass or bowl and add dry fruits or chocolates as a garnish on the top.
This tasty mango mousse can become the highlight of your summer party.
- Mango Shrikhand
It is a yogurt-based popular Maharashtrian cuisine fondly served with poori or chapatti. It is popularly known as amrakhand.
Ingredient – Curd, mango, sugar, cardamom powder, dry fruits (as garnish)
- Slice a peeled mango and extract the pulp. Next blend extracted mango pulp into a smooth paste.
- In another bowl, mix the thick curd, sugar, mango pulp, and cardamom powder. Mix contents of both the bowls thoroughly and blend the mixture well. Garnish the blended mixture with sliced mangoes and keep it for refrigeration.
Garnish the mango shrikhand with dry fruits and serve chilled.
Try and enjoy these cool and scrumptious mango desserts with your friends and family this summer season.